Deadline: 6 Aug 2022 (annual)
Study in: Australia
Course starts 2022
The Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarships (International) are specifically intended to support international students undertaking a higher research degree at Flinders University.
Flinders University, Australia
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time research higher degree (Research Doctorate degree or Research Masters degree) offered at the University
Number of Awards:
Up to 5
Citizens of any overseas country except Australia and New Zealand
The scholarship covers the international student tuition fees, a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $28,594 (2021 rate), Overseas Health Care cover and an establishment allowance of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree.
• Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
• Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
• Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
• Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
• Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
Please see the conditions of the award for full eligibility criteria (below).
To apply for an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (AGRTPS), you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Research higher degree (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship group. After completing your admissions applications, you will receive access to the student system where you can lodge your application for a scholarship. The closing date for applications is 6 August 2021.
It is important to read the 2021 AGRTS Conditions of Award and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.flinders.edu.au/scholarships-system/index.cfm/scholarships/display/a731e2